JOIN OUR CREW
Are you an awesome musician with a passion for teaching music? Are you done with the “rat box” approach to music lessons? Are you ready to embrace the “new school” of music education, which is way more interactive, fun, and fulfilling for both you and the student?
Then join our rockin’ instructor crew at Scottsdale Music Academy! Be a part of an exciting, new movement of teaching that is giving our students exactly the music skills they want and need to be knowledgeable, well-trained, professional musicians.
We’re showing them the technique. We’re breaking their favorite songs down so they can jam together. We’re showing them how to rock the live band experience. We’re turning our students into superstars.
If this is something you’re itching to be a part of, then hit us up at 602.751.3537. We’d LOVE to ROCK OUT with you!
We are still growing and always looking to add amazing talent to our crew! If you don’t see an opening it doesn’t matter. If this is something you are itching to be a part of, let us know!
Now hiring for the following positions:
Office Admin Job Summary
This position provides support to Scottsdale Music Academy.
• Provide exceptionally high quality customer service and maintain the culture of Scottsdale Music Academy.
• Assisting parents and students on the phone and at the front desk in person.
• Scheduling all private and group lessons. Working with instructors to ensure scheduling conflicts do not occur. Rescheduling cancellations and make up classes.
• Schedule and coordinate shows/performances/camps. Work with venues to establish events and maintain relations.
• Sign up new students (includes selling the lessons, describing the expectations and culture of SMA, providing answers about basic lesson requirements/cancellations, paperwork and onboarding process, data entry etc)
• Order supplies and materials when needed
• Overall cleanliness and studio maintenance (ensure closing expectations are met in all
classrooms on a nightly basis, organization of lobby area/kitchen/lavatory, etc)
• Inventory of all SMA assets on a weekly basis
• Monitor deadlines and assure that they are met.
• Quickbooks management
This position requires no prior administrative experience. We are looking for someone who is
teachable, flexible, and excited to grow.
• Planning to remain in the area long-term
• Available at least three weeknights (flexible) from 3pm -9pm
• Basic knowledge of and appreciation for music
• Friendly, personable, and enjoys being around children and working with public
• Strong organizational skillset
• Patience and understanding for how to handle difficult situations.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic technical problems with Mac Systems
• Ability to perform significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and repetitive motions (e.g., running microphone cables, moving pianos and organs, lifting keyboards, mixers, cases and speakers up to 70 pounds, standing for an hour or more during a live event, etc.).
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
• Experience working with a diverse population
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
• A working knowledge of both Mac OS and Windows operating systems and computers.
• Knowledge of Quickbooks systems
• A basic understanding of common instruments and music.
• Ability to learn new software and technology quickly and adapt to the rapid changes that come with music and related technologies.
• Ability to problem solve, using critical thinking skills